Cloth version of Craig Turner's DIY mask - better retainer

Third post today on Craig Turner's design but made from cloth. See also posts one and two.

Better is arguable perhaps. I stitched two pieces of plastic placemat together (button hole stitch), then affixed to the mask with two straight line stitches. I'd removed the previous retainer - oops can't use this in public now 'cos of holes in the fabric.

  

I could cut a cross from the plastic placemat, but I don't have infinite supplies of that.

I don't know how this would hold up in the washing machine, so I've added two more stitches all the way though the fabric to the front:



I wish there was something mass produced though - that seamstresses/crafters could just stitch in:


Produced by OmniGraffle 7.15.2 2020-05-18 06:16:30 +0000 Canvas 1 Layer 1 Rectangle Rectangle Two pieces of plastic stitched together is what I have Of course, I could cut a cross shape from a larger piece of plastic. A laser cut retainer with button holes ready to go (so I don’t blunt my needle) would be great Less plastic means more surface area of fabric for breathing through Or a better computer modeled design Of course, I could cut a cross shape from a larger piece of plastic. Maybe a polyurethane o-ring stitched over the thin side to side retainer I’ve been using for a while Rectangle Or two

Comments