Custom ear saver

I've tried a few ear saves for ear-loop masks. Can't say I've liked any of them. I want something that's easy to clip back on for the times I take my mask off inside. For example: deep breath in, mask off, gulp of drink,  mask on, set nose wire, breath out, gulp. I'm quite practiced at that.  

The trouble is my ears are suffering after a day in a mask.

- phew didn't have to go into a store for that (as a man)


3. finished item clipped to one side of an ear-loop mask

Closeups of the bra-extender clasp/hook:



So, I cut an inch off the elastic ear saver. Both ends were the same. The clasp is solid 
but would take too long to remove and even more time to replace. Like over 5 seconds.

Sewing on the sewing machine needed be of elastic to a cut down section of the original 
bra-extender fabric. About 1cm x 1cm of fabric, with now frayed edges.

Sewing also needed the zip-zag stitch for tidying those edges, 
You're at risk of breaking the needle so go slowly.


Really though someone needs to mass-produce a stretchy ear saver, that has 
a clamping clasp on one end, and non-sharp hook on the other end.





Comments